Home / LSA Students / Academics & Requirements / Academic Policies / Transfer Information & Residence Policy / New Transfer Students /
Transfer Credit Equivalencies
Transfer Credit Equivalencies listed on this page are for college students only; high school students, depending on individual circumstances, may or may not receive transfer credit for courses if elected while in high school.
These resources will tell you if a course will transfer, but how the credit will work in your degree is more complicated.
Here are three warnings about interpreting the information correctly.
- The credit hours posted to the U-M transcript are usually the number of credits granted at the offering institution. There are exceptions; for example, please see Transfer Credit from a Quarter-Calendar School if you're taking classes at a school on the quarter system.
- Online MATH, ECON, SPANISH, and PHYSICS courses will not transfer to the University of Michigan.
- Basic foreign language credits do transfer here, but these equivalencies show how the College will evaluate language courses for students entering LSA for the first time. Once a student has started coursework in the College, language departments do not allow courses from elsewhere to meet the language requirement without special permission.
- Study Abroad transcripts from China: Students must arrange for an official university transcript report to be sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC), 18th floor, B-17, Tongfang Scientific Plaza, No. 1, Wangzhuang Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083, China, Tel: 86-10-82379480, Fax: 86-10-823778718, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org , Website: www.cdgdc.edu.cn.
If a course you'd like to take isn't listed, you need to request a pre-evaluation from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (Student Activities Building). An on-line form for requesting pre-evaluation can be found at: https://www.ugadmiss.umich.edu/TCE/Student/CT_TCEForm.aspx
For a demo-only version of this Transfer Credit Equivalency Request form, click here.
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- LSA Degrees & Requirements
- Academic Calendars
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Policies
- Academic Load and Normal Degree Progress
- Class Standing
- Transfer Information & Residence Policy
- Credits and GPA
- Dual Enrollment while in High School
- Dual Enrollment with Another College or University
- Transcript Notations
- Repetition and Out of Sequence
- Test Credit (AP, CLEP, IB, A-Level, etc.)
- Grade Appeals
- Grading Issues
- Credit Limits
- Graduation Procedures
- Student Records Policy
- Majors & Minors
- Honors & Awards
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Information
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative