LSA Scholarships for incoming LSA first-year students are solely recruitment scholarships. Therefore, incoming LSA first-year students cannot apply into the LSA Scholarship Program.
The single exception to this rule is the Bell Scholarship. You can find more information on that below.
If there’s no application process, how is the scholarship selection made?
The LSA Scholarship Office reviews and matches eligible students to specific scholarships based on their Undergraduate Admissions Application as well as their financial need. Typically, 100 scholarships are awarded to each incoming freshman class of over 5,000 incoming LSA students.
To be eligible, all students must first meet the requirements for receiving an LSA scholarship.
Additional selection criteria:
- Merit-based scholarships for admitted students are based on the contents of their Undergraduate Admissions Application.
- Need-based scholarships are awarded based on Office of Financial Aid as well as students’ Undergraduate Admissions Applications. Students must complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile in order to be considered for need-based scholarships.
- For the majority of the LSA Prospective Student Scholarships, there is no precise formula to follow in order to be considered.
Considerations may include: academic talent and motivation, personal achievement, extracurricular activities, state and/or national awards, community service, leadership qualities, and academic potential as well as students who are the first generation to attend college, come from a single-parent home, have overcome adversity, and/or demonstrate financial need.
- Scholarship amounts range between $5,000 to $20,000 per year.
- Awards are renewable for up to four consecutive years.
- Recipient must maintain full-time enrollment in the College of LSA and meet all academic and scholarship requirements.
Scholarship Consideration Deadline:
LSA students admitted by December 24 via Early Action receive primary consideration for LSA Scholarships.
Students will be notified via mail between January and mid-April if they have been awarded an LSA scholarship. Scholarship award letters may arrive after the student receives their Financial Aid award package.