The Psychology Department encourages faculty to seek externally sponsored research funding.
Administrative staff are available to answer questions, assist with budgeting, compilation of the proposal package, preparing and routing the UM Proposal Approval Form (PAF) to the required UM units, and overseeing project financial activity after the award is received.
If you are considering submitting a research proposal, please send an email to notify the Research Process Coordinator, at email@example.com. You will then receive specific timing information on due dates for sections of your proposal, and more details about getting the process started.
Psychology Grant Submission Resources
- Timeline for Grant Submission (PDF)
- Psychology Proposal Budget Template (Excel)
- U-M Research Website
- U-M Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) Website
- ORSP Archive of Newsletters and Funding Opportunity Alerts
- Health Sciences Grant Informational Portal (HS-GIP)
This guide aims to assist you in the U-M research experience by pointing you to relevant grant related resources as well as associated instructional opportunities, tutorials, and resources related to funding alerts.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Helpful Tools
- NIH eRA Commons Login website
- NIH Website for the Grants.gov Electronic Submission Process
- NIH Application guide for the Grants.gov submission process (SF424 R&R)
- NIH Grant Writing Tips
- NIH (NIAID) Grant Tutorials and Proposal Package Samples
Note: Even though this is from NIAID, it is quite generic and applies to all new investigators.
The U–M Research website provides information about internal (U–M) and external research funding opportunities. ORSP funding page.
NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
Community of Science
The Community of Science (COS) website can be personalized, so researchers will receive only those notices that pertain to their particular interests.
Funding from Foundations
Faculty meeting presentation and sponsor links (PDF) - Maureen Martin 4/03/2015.