Physics Transfer Credit
**Students who transferred a physics course in the Fall 2014 semester will need to take a competency exam in order to have the credits applied. The competency exam will take place on Monday, May 4, 2015 at 9am. Sign-up is required here.
Procedures (for LSA Students)
- Visit the Office of Undergraduate Admission's online transfer credit database
- Courses listed on this database are pre-approved. Take the course and submit an official transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions showing the official course grade.
- If the course is not listed, please submit an official syllabus, including topics covered, and the course final exam to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, include the name of the school at which the course was taken, the course name and number, and your UMID number.
- Course evaluation can take a few weeks, so please submit your materials early.
Policies (for LSA Students)
- No online courses are accepted for transfer credit; there are no exceptions to this rule.
- Please note that due to the unique focus of Physics 135 and Physics 235 (Physics for the Life Sciences I and II), there are not many equivalents.
- All physics transfer credits follow the general College of LSA transfer credit guidelines. Please review them. Students are responsible for knowing and following these policies.
Procedures and Policies for Non-LSA Students
- Consult with your college to discuss transfer credit procedure.
- Online courses will not be accepted for physics credit.
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Program
- GSI Job Postings