LSA Funding Opportunities
Research funding is available for:
- Attending an Event / Conference
- Organizing an Event / Conference
- Scholarship / Research
- Salary Supplements (aka, Topping Off)
- Associate Professor Support Fund
- Michigan Humanities Award
- The Ralph Baldwin Prize in Astrophysics and Space Science
More information on foundation funding can be found here.
Based on your eligibility and need, eGIF will help you find and request research funding for projects, fellowship, subventions, and conferences and events.
Includes info on Rackham administered fellowships, grants and scholarships as well as supplemental support for fellowships from external grants.
- Funding from Rackham - Rackham Graduate School administered fellowships, grants and scholarships.
- Cost Sharing by Rackham - Supplemental support for fellowships from sources external to the U-M.
Proposals that include a request to UMOR must be in our office two weeks prior to the UMOR deadline. This will ensure time for the LSA review. If your proposal arrives later in that period prior to the UMOR deadline it may not make the UMOR deadline and will be held until the following competition.
Other Funding Sources
- Funding Opportunities from U-M Office of Research and Sponsored Projects** Resources for faculty and reseachers via the Division of Research Development and Administration at the University of Michigan.
- Community of Science Search Engine * A great search engine at the Community of Science (COS) that allows the research community to search its extensive and comprehensive database of available funding resource, with more than 23,000 records representing nearly 400,000 opportunities, worth over $33 billion