Skip to Content
To report harassment, threats, bias incidents, or other crimes:
- Call DPSS: If there is a life-threatening emergency, you should call the Department of Public Safety & Security (DPSS) at 9-1-1.
- For non-emergencies, call DPSS at 734.763.1131.
- If you are in a situation where you would like to inconspicuously alert the police without placing a phone call, you may text them at 377911.
- If you are on or near campus, you can use one of dozens of DPSS’s Emergency Blue Light phones to call an officer to the location simply by removing the phone from the cradle or pushing the button. Here is a map of Blue Light phone locations: http://www.dpss.umich.edu/topics/emergency-phones/.
- Sign up for U-M Emergency Alerts.
Late Night Transportation:
- SafeRide: During the fall and winter semesters from 10 p.m. through 3 a.m., students may request a SafeRide, a free ride service that transports students from campus buildings up to a 1-mile radius off-campus by calling 734.647.8000.
- Night Ride is a $5 shared-ride taxi service that operates within the city of Ann Arbor. This program runs from 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM Monday through Friday and from 7:00 PM to 7:30 AM Saturday and Sunday. Call 734.647.8000 then select Option #3.
- Emergency Ride Home: Free taxi rides can be provided in emergency situations for faculty, staff and students to return to their vehicle parked in remote lots or to any location (home, school, daycare provider, etc.). This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Use of the program is limited to six times per permit year. Call 734.763.1131.
- State Street Ride: Free after-hours taxi service from any U-M building to the South State Street Commuter (Park & Ride) lot after buses have concluded daily service. This service is available Monday through Friday from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. To request a ride, call Blue Cab directly at 734.547.2222.
- Paratransit: Paratransit is a scheduled door-to-door service for students, faculty, and staff with permanent or temporary disabilities. To register for the rides, contact Services for Students with Disabilities at (734) 763-3000.
- Teamworks: Teamworks is a buddy walk program open to students by permission only. If you would like to join because you worry for your safety or because you would like to be resource to others, please send a request to me at email@example.com, briefly explaining your motivation for joining.
Reporting Bias Incidents:
Protecting Personal Property: