Annual themes provide general parameters guiding individual scholarship, seminars, and major programming. Selected by the Institute’s Steering Committee with input from the Institute’s Academic Advisory Board to be broad enough to include scholars from various disciplines, working with diverse methodologies, expansive in space and time.
Current and Future Themes
Click on the links below to view theme year description:
- 2015–16 Theme: “Secularization/Sacralization”
- 2016-17 Theme: "Israeli Histories, Societies and Cultures: Comparative Approaches"
- 2017-18 Theme: "Jews and the Material in Antiquity"
- 2018-19 Theme: "Sephardic Identities, Medieval and Modern"
- 2019-20 Theme: "Yiddish Matters"