- Summer Hopwood Contest
- The Hopwood Award Theodore Roethke Prize
- Graduate and Undergraduate Hopwood Contest
- The Academy of American Poets Prize
- The Bain-Swiggett Poetry Prize
- The Michael R. Gutterman Award in Poetry
- The Kasdan Scholarship in Creative Writing
- The Marjorie Rapaport Award in Poetry
- About Our Judges
The Hopwood Program administers several contests available to both Undergraduate and Graduate students who have taken or are taking a qualifying writing course. See contest pages for specific information on eligibility and to submit an entry.
Deadlines for the contests are as follows:
Summer Hopwood Contest: June 24 by 12:00 noon if a student is only enrolled spring half and Wednesday, August 2 by 12:00 noon if he or she is enrolled in both halves or in the summer half only.
Marjorie Rapaport Award in Poetry: August 2, 2017, by 12:00 noon
Special Deadline: December 14, 2017 by 12 noon (only for contestants who will not be enrolled Winter Term, e.g. December Graduates). Students studying abroad may use the February 7, 2018 deadline.
Regular Deadline: February 7, 2018 by 12 noon. Please be advised that the
deadline is enforced to the minute.
For further information, inquire at the Hopwood Room, 1176 Angell Hall, or phone 734.764.6296, or email Andrea Beauchamp at firstname.lastname@example.org.