- Slide 0
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
Welcome to the Hopwood Program at the University of Michigan. The Hopwood Program hosts a variety of contests and prizes for students at the University of Michigan. Throughout the following pages you will find explanations of the awards, contests and resources the Hopwood Program has to offer.
There are four Hopwood Contests held throughout the year:
- Summer Hopwood Contest (only open to students enrolled in the spring or summer terms)
- Hopwood Underclassmen Contest (open to first- and second-year students)
- Hopwood Award Theodore Roethke Prize (open to all students)
- Graduate and Undergraduate Hopwood Contest (open to all students)
- Other Contests (open to all students)
All contests require enrollment in a qualifying writing course.
We strive to support our students and faculty on the frontlines of learning and research; to steward our planet, our community, our campus. To do this, the Hopwood Awards Program needs you—because the world needs Victors.
A tea is held regularly during the fall and winter terms on
Thursdays, 3:00 – 5:30 p.m., for students, faculty, and staff.
Free tea, coffee, and cookies are available to all.
Hopwood Room | Monday - Friday |
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. | 1176 Angell Hall