How to Give
The Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies (EIHS) relies heavily on the generosity of our many friends and former students. Contributions can be made directly to the Instituteand are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. Many employers in Michigan and elsewhere also provide matching contributions if asked to do so. Please address any questions or enquiries to the EIHS Director.
Current Eisenberg Institute funding priorities include:
- Postdoctoral fellowship supporting a year-long residency at EIHS to be awarded to a recent recipient of a PhD in history;
- Public programs featuring popular lecturers, historical museum exhibits, film exhibitions, town-hall debates, and events that promote historical understanding for undergraduates, the U-M community, and residents of our region;
- Residential fellowships for young academic historians from underrepresented groups in the profession to foster scholarly collaboration among junior professors working to complete major books and achieve tenure at their home institutions.
To designate a gift for the Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies using the University of Michigan's online giving system, please note the following:
- Navigate to the online giving system.
- Enter the amount that you would like to give in the "Amount" field.
- Complete the remainder of the online form as directed, and select "Donate Now".
Giving by Mail:
Please send a check, payable to EIHS, and mail it to us at:
Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies
1029 Tisch Hall
435 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1003