The Women’s Studies major seeks to:
- provide majors with an understanding of the interdisciplinary scholarship on women, gender, and sexuality and to train them in interdisciplinary methods
- offer theoretical and practical approaches to feminist thinking cross the disciplines
- encourage comparative thinking through coursework that explores the multicultural and global nature of feminist scholarship
- train majors to think analytically by teaching them to read and write critically.
- provide supporting skills and contexts for the study of women through the cognate requirement
- encourage intellectual and academic breadth through a cognate requirement
We asked our alumni what they are doing now here is a list of their jobs.
Donna Ainsworth, Prof. Allison Alexy and Prof. Wang Zheng are the Women's Studies advisors for winter 2017 term. If you have a quick advising question please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To make an advising appointment to discuss courses and/or your progress please click the button at the top of this page. You can also come to walk-in advising hours, Thursdays, 9:00am-12noon in 1122 Lane Hall, 204 S. State St. when classes are in session.
Students may declare the Women's Studies major at any time. There are no prerequisites required to declare.
Questions? Email email@example.com.