The Women’s Studies major seeks to:
- provide majors with an understanding of the interdisciplinary scholarship on women, gender, and sexuality and to train them in interdisciplinary methods
- offer theoretical and practical approaches to feminist thinking cross the disciplines
- encourage comparative thinking through coursework that explores the multicultural and global nature of feminist scholarship
- train majors to think analytically by teaching them to read and write critically.
- provide supporting skills and contexts for the study of women through the cognate requirement
- encourage intellectual and academic breadth through a cognate requirement
We asked our alumni what they are doing now here is a list of their jobs.
Donna Ainsworth is the Women's Studies advisor for spring/summer terms. To make an advising appointment to discuss courses and/or your progress please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a quick advising question, please email email@example.com
Students may declare the Women's Studies major at any time. There are no prerequisites required to declare.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.