What is MiVideo
"MiVideo is a content management service. It helps organize, catalog, share, search, and publish multimedia content. Management consoles make it easy to tag and filter content, as well as control access. MiVideo offers better security than free third-party vendors. Instructors can use MiVideo for free through the Learning Management Systems (Canvas and Blackboard). Departments can purchase the service to support Research and Marketing/Communications efforts." - services.it.umich.edu/mivideo
See the example of MiVideo on an AEM page below.
- Visit http://services.it.umich.edu/mivideo and request support for hosting video.
- Contact LSA Web Services using the email below. Please provide the following information:
- The URL of the video(s) hosted by MiVideo or the MiVideo IFrame embed code.
- The location on the website where you would like to embed that video content.
- A title for each video
- Web Services will add the embedded video on the author instance for review.
- Once you are ready to go live, activate the page as usual.
- Include a link on the page pointing to the location on MiVideo giving users the option to view it from either webpage.