- AEM Overview
- Activating/Publishing Content
- Adding Content
- Component Examples
- Department Site Configuration
- Developer's Corner
- Known Issues & Status Updates
- LSA Color Palette & Heading Examples
- Moving Content
- Request A New Site
- Tagging Content
- Troubleshooting AEM
- Working with Images
The Digital Asset Manager organizes your sites' images, documents, and other assets. You can access your site's assets folder in the Site Administration UI.
Web Services highly recommends that each site has a DAM Admininistrator. The DAM Administrator will:
- Manage all Media assets for site (images, documents, audio, video).
- Ensure metadata is added to all DAM content. When metadata is well managed, authors can more easily locate content based on needs, and internet searches can more easily return your content at the top of results pages.
- Similar to tag admins, DAM admins manage and categorize content.
Using the Content Finder
The default setting is to have DAM content display at all times while in on-page editing UI in the Content Finder, which is the strip of content along the left of your screen. The teeny tiny arrow in middle of Content Finder will contract and expand the window.
Menu items/tabs across the top of the Content Finder allow you to sort contents as well as drop them into components.
Assets are sorted by the following tabs from left to right:
Department Images (.jpeg, .png) Any image uploaded to your website.
All Images (.jpeg, .png) Images uploaded to your site, as well as the UM Photography "Day in the Life" Series of Stock Campus images. To see only the stock images, type "dil" in the search bar of the Content Finder.
Documents (.pdf, .doc, .xls)
Audio (.mp3, .mp4)
Pages – Icons representing different pages of your site that you can drag and drop into components to link them to other areas of your site.
Browse – Navigate to a specific page on your site (Content/LSA Websites), or a specific asset folder (Content/Assets).