- AEM Overview
- Activating/Publishing Content
- Adding Content
- Component Examples
- Department Site Configuration
- Developer's Corner
- Frequently Submitted Tickets
- Known Issues & Status Updates
- LSA Color Palette & Heading Examples
- Moving Content
- Request A New Site
- Tagging Content
- Working with Images
News content relies on the use of Categories (child pages that contain like types of news, i.e., faculty news, awards, etc.) and Tags. Content is pulled onto the child page utilizing tags, and so news content can appear on both the news category page, as well as an individual faculty member’s page. To do the latter, the news item must be tagged with the faculty member’s name. (Please refer back to the people section to make sure you have also checked the appropriate boxes on the profile editing page for the news item to appear).
Additionally, you can drag a “News Archive” Component onto any page of your site and tag the page (in page properties) so it pulls only news that matches the page tag.
Creating a News Article Page
1. Navigate to All News Page by clicking in the ALL NEWS button that appears in the lower right corner of the 2nd recent news article the the News & Events page portal.
2. Select either the category under which you want this article to appear, or, if you do not have categories (i.e., Faculty News, Student News, etc.), select the Search News page.
3. Click Page tab in the Sidekick and select Create Child Page.
4. Fill in Title field. Leave Name field blank.
5. Select News Article Page, from the list of templates.
6. Click Create.
Adding Content to a News Article
1. Click Page Properties tab on sidekick to add content to News Article.
2. Fill in Teaser and Release Date (required) and other fields that make sense for your content.
3. Add tag that matches category of page or news archive component you want this article to appear on (if any), and faculty name if related news functionality checked.
4. Featured/Sticky checkbox will “stick” news item to homepage and at top of News & Events page.Add tag that matches category of page or news archive component you want this article to appear on (if any), and faculty name if related news functionality checked.
5. "Featured" [image] tab adds a different image to the homepage for this news article than the one in news article.
6. "Image" tab is used if you want a large photo (default size) to appear on the news article page.
7. Click OK.
8. “Build out” News item by clicking on Components Tab and dragging components (Text, etc.) onto page.
Tagging a News Article so it appears in another area of your site
Note: Web Services staff MUST HAVE ALREADY CREATED TAGS for News, and Fields of Study, and ACTIVATED them (send a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org to request tags after launch).
1. Navigate to Individual News Item from the All News page, or from a specific news category page.
2. Click on the Title of the News item to “Load” the article page in the window
3. Select Page Properties from Page Tab in the Sidekick.
4. In the Category/Tags field: Begin typing the tag name (News Category, faculty name, field of study) and it will auto populate, select correct tag from list if more than one appears.
5. Click OK.
NOTE: The first time the Related News function is used on a faculty profile, you must open the component (right click, select edit) and click the OK button. This activates the component.