- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Detroit Community Based Research Program
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Internship
- Summer Research Fellowship in Women and Gender Studies
- Michigan Community College Summer Research Fellowship
- UM Energy Institute Fellowship Program
- MCubed Scholars Program
- Sample Projects
- Become a Peer Advisor
Description: The MCubed Scholars Summer Internship Program, funded by the U-M Office of Research (UMOR) and administered through the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program, is a pilot initiative designed to provide U-M students with summer research opportunities on multidisciplinary faculty led research projects. MCubed is a first-of-its-kind program in which faculty-student teams receive (start up) funding, to work on innovative research. Students will have the opportunity to conduct research with an MCubed team consisting of at least three faculty from two different campus units (schools/colleges). The MCubed program involves every school and college on campus so the range of research topics explored by teams is vast, from global health, to economic development in Detroit, to big data, to cancer research, and more.
The MCubed Scholars Program allows students the opportunity to:
-Work part or full-time (20-40 hours/week) for 10 weeks during the summer on an innovative, interdisciplinary faculty-led research team
-Receive interdisciplinary mentoring from faculty from diverse disciplines across campus
-Attend educational seminars on interdisciplinary research topics
-Present at the UROP Summer Symposium
-Participate in the MCubed fall 2017 innovation symposium, which includes dynamic TED-like talks and a massive poster session
Students receive a $2,000-$4,000 stipend award for 20-40 hours/week for 10
weeks); additional funding for housing may be requested based on financial need
Program dates: May 31, 2017-August 4, 2017
Application deadline: The application for this year is now closed.
Online Application Form, which includes the following documents:
1. Personal Statement
3. Official Transcript
4. Reference from a former faculty mentor/advisor etc.
5. Research description for the MCube you secured a position with (students need to identify the Cubes they are interested in working with. Please contact Luciana Aenasoaie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for access to the MCubed project list. You will contact the cube and secure a position with them before submitting the application)
6. Email confirmation of research placement from MCubed Project Mentor
For more information please contact our Assistant Director, Luciana Aenasoaie (email@example.com).