- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Detroit Community Based Research Program
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Internship
- Summer Research Fellowship in Women and Gender Studies
- Michigan Community College Summer Research Fellowship
- UM Energy Institute Fellowship Program
- MCubed Scholars Program
- Sample Projects
- Become a Peer Advisor
University of Michigan- Ann Arbor students enjoy many benefits from participating in UROP Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) sponsored summer research fellowship. SRC is the premier industry consortium investing in university research that addresses longer term semiconductor industry need in cutting edge research. The UROP SRC summer Fellowship is designed to attract and retain students in science and engineering disciplines and to encourage their enrollment in graduate school by providing sustained undergraduate research experiences and mentoring relationships.
Benefits of being an UROP SRC Fellow are:
- Funding to do cutting-edge research in: Electrical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Resume distribution through the SRC website increasing student opportunities for internships and full-time employment with direct industry contacts.
- SRC sponsored events provide opportunities to network with a wide range of industry experts and other students and faculty who are funded by SRC.
- Opportunity to present at TECHCON conference. TECHCON continues to be the leading opportunity for UROP SRC students to present research, network with peers and explore career opportunities with SRC members, within a truly collaborative environment.
- Current undergraduate students attending the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Campus not graduating in May 2017.
- Students may not take spring or summer courses while participating in the SRC summer fellowship program.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA.
- Must work a minimum of 35 hours weekly and participate in required seminars, journal clubs and events.
- Must present at the Summer Symposium on Wednesday, August 2, 2017.
Stipend Award: $4000, does not include housing
Fellowship Dates: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - Friday August 4, 2017
Application Opens: Monday, December 5, 2017
Application Deadline: Friday, February 17, 2017
Mandatory Orientation: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Click here to access the 2017 Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Internship application.
Steps to Apply: PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
Click here to apply for the Intel Semiconductor Research Summer Internship.
Think of your 1-2 page personal statement as an interview with the selection committee. We are looking for evidence of your intellectual curiosity and your interest in personal development. This is your opportunity to tell us about yourself — your hopes, ambitions, life experiences and inspirations. Be open. Be reflective.
The 3-5 page research proposal is a persuasive document that describes the scope of your research, why it should be done, your methodology, your proposed timeline, and your expected results by the end of the fellowship. Preparation of the proposal, in collaboration with your research mentor, enables you to confirm that you will have a realistic project to undertake during the 10-week timeline.
You will need two letters of recommendation. One of your letters must be from your research sponsor/mentor. The second letter should come from a professor, graduate student instructor, volunteer coordinator or academic advisor.
A resume highlights your skills related to your career interests. It connects your story to your community and includes your academic achievements, volunteer experiences, extracurricular activities, summer jobs and internships.
Order a UM Transcript
Current and many former students with a uniqname and university/Kerberos password can order transcripts online through Wolverine Access. From the Student Business page, choose Order Transcript.
For more information, please contact Charmise L. Knox (email@example.com), Student Services Program Manager.