- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Detroit Community Based Research Program
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Internship
- Summer Research Fellowship in Women and Gender Studies
- Michigan Community College Summer Research Fellowship
- UM Energy Institute Fellowship Program
- MCubed Scholars Program
- Sample Projects
- Become a Peer Advisor
UROP sponsors several Summer Research Opportunities designed for University of Michigan undergraduate students seeking an intense research experience in traditional laboratory settings and in the community. These fellowship provides students with the chance to undertake and complete individual research projects; learn firsthand about the life of an academic researcher; think about academic and post graduate careers; and develop strong mentor relationships.
In many cases students will use the summer to conduct work that forms the basis for an honors thesis or contributes to a published article. All of the summer fellowship programs include weekly seminars and other community- building opportunities for participants and conclude with poster presentations at a symposium. Gifts from the UROP Leadership Committee and other donors as well as outside grants provide support for our many summer fellowship programs. The size of the program varies depending on funding.