Saturday, March 25, 2017
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This year, the U-M Museum of Natural History will bring you Back to the Future, a fun-filled family event focusing on how specimens from the past are used in science today!
Find out what it is really like to be a scientist:
- See and touch real specimens from our collections
- Make a fish print (Gyotaku)
- Make a plant press
- Draw your own scientific illustrations
- Listen to stories of scientists and explorers
- Make a trace fossil to take home
- Learn how to start a collection of your own
At our Scientist Spotlight, you will have an opportunity to meet several guest scientists and learn about their research through fun and interactive displays and demos. Scientist Spotlight will take place from 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
This is a FREE event, no registration required, open to the public.