- Info Session: October 6th 4-5:30pm (Angell Hall G219 - Peer Writing Center)
- Application deadline: Winter 2018 deadline is in October 23rd at noon. Sign up for email updates using the button above, or check back here in early October 2017 for the online application.
Requirements for the application
- Students must have completed their First-Year Writing Requirement with a grade of C or higher. Engineering students must have completed Engineering 100 with a grade of C or higher. Transfer students can complete the FYWR with a transfer course approved by Sweetland.
- Students must have at least three full terms remaining in their academic program.
Materials for application (to be submitted using Online Application Form when available)
- Writing sample from any college course
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial U-M transcript (available through Wolverine Access)
Admission process and criteria
- Submit all materials by the application deadline.
- The admission process is competitive and space is limited. Because space is limited students must complete the minor gateway course, Writing 220: Introduction to the Minor in Writing, in their first semester Minor.
- Application materials are reviewed by a committee of Sweetland faculty, who make admissions recommendations based upon the quality of the writing sample, the reasons given for applying to the minor, and student’s overall academic performance.
- Students are notified of the decision via email prior to the beginning of registration.