- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- Meet our First Fall Cohort
- Blog Post: Darian Reflects on the Life of Grace Lee Boggs
- Student Spotlight: Katie Kennedy
- What's the State of Detroit-City in 2016?
- Through Carolyn's Eyes: Photographing Life in Detroit
- Listening to Detroit's Everyday Scholars
- 9 Reasons to Do SID
- Carry with Me, Detroit
- Introducing Our Spring 2016 Cohort
- Interrogating Narratives of Detroit
- Detroit’s Future: Hi-Hops, IHOPS, or Just Hops?
- The U-M Bicentennial Year – Why Detroit Matters
- Residential College Issues Statement of Solidarity
- All Events
Ten Reasons to do to Semester in Detroit in Fall 2015!
1. As a longer-term commitment, the benefits of fall are more sustained and rewarding than the shorter spring semester.
3. The first cohort will have the opportunity to help us develop the new fall version of program.
4. Way better weather in Detroit! It's an excellent time for biking, walking around, meeting neighbors, and seeing the city.
5. Beginning SID in the fall semester sets the tone for an entire school year of engaged learning!
6. You are able to use your regular UM financial aid to help cover tuition.
7. A fall SID semester ensures you will be able to maintain year-long connections you make in the program on campus in Ann Arbor!
8. It's harvest season and a great time to get involved with Detroit's urban farming community and eat some great fresh food! Roasted beets anyone?
9. Lions football! World Series in Detroit for the Tigers?
10. Most of all, it's a meaningful, dynamic and fun way to start off the school year!
(And who knows about our football team anyways...)