What the scholarship supports
Educational expenses, such as tuition and room and board, based on financial need. Scholarships can be used toward off-campus programs including Semester in Detroit, New England Literature Program, Biological Station, and Camp Davis.
Amounts and duration
Between $500 and $10,000 per year. These awards are non-renewable, but you can apply every year.
March; applications receive a decision in Late April.
Applicants must meet the criteria listed below:
- Applicant must be an LSA undergraduate student.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (possess a green card).
- Must be a continuing student who has completed at least their first semester at the time of application.
- Recieve financial aid through the Office of Financial Aid
- Students must be pursuing a degree program in LSA, and students must be REGISTERED full-time (6+ credit hours per term).
- We generally allow exceptions to students taking classes through Camp Davis and the Biological Station as well as graduating seniors who need less than 6 credits to graduate by the end of Summer.
To apply to the 2017 LSA Spring/Summer Scholarship, students must also complete and submit a SEPARATE Spring/Summer Request for Funds Form to the Office of Financial Aid.
The LSA Spring/Summer Scholarship Application deadline was March 24, 2017. We do not accept late applications.