Please submit the following to the Director of Graduate Studies, 6330 North Quad. Students should apply for the Certificate in Screen Studies after they have completed at least one required course and before they enroll in SAC 700.
- A statement of purpose explaining their interest in the Certificate Program and background in the study of film/media
- One or more writing samples
- Two faculty recommendations
- Official transcripts and evidence of coursework or other preparation in film/media and related areas of visual culture.
- A completed Dual Degree/Program Application signed by the student’s home department must be submitted to the Student Services Assistant in Screen Arts and Cultures. The application can be found on the Rackham website.
After students have been admitted into the Certificate Program, they may ask Screen Arts & Cultures budgeted faculty (who are not in their “home unit”) to serve on “prelim” and/or dissertation committees.
Applicants should also consult with the Fellowship Office in the Rackham School of Graduate Studies, as well as their department or program of specialization for information regarding the availability of financial assistance. The Department of Screen Arts & Cultures, itself, provides some financial support through a limited number of graduate student instructorships.