- Portuguese 290 counts as an optional elective toward the Portuguese minor.
- Portuguese 350 counts as an optional elective toward the Portuguese minor.
- Portuguese 499 counts as an optional elective toward the Portuguese minor.
A Portuguese cognate course is a course in which a majority of the content focuses on Portuguese studies, but which does not give instruction primarily in Portuguese. The following courses have been identified as possible cognate courses for Portuguese minors.
Important information about cognate credit:
• Portuguese minors are allowed to receive a maximum of nine credits toward the minor (three
• If you believe you have found a course not on this list that may count as a Portuguese cognate, fill out an RLL Portuguese Cognate Request Form which can be found on the RLL website, obtain a copy of the syllabus for the class, and meet with a Portuguese faculty advisor for approval.
|AAS||Other Africas: The Cultures of Portuguese-Speaking Africa|
|History 473||Brazil: History & Culture|
|History 347||Latin America: The Colonial Period|
|History 232||Human Rights in Latin America: The Root of Social Protest in Brazil|
|UC 254||Human Rights in Latin America/Roots of Protest|