- Search News
- Archived News
- Semester in Detroit wins LSA Web Editors Award
- RC Instructor Santiago Colas on the LSA Home Page!
- Elizabeth Goodenough in the New York Times
- "Blood in the Water" nominated for LA Times Book Award
- RC Alumna Wendy Goldberg at the Tonys
- RC Alumna Kate Hoin in the news
- Heather Ann Thompson publishes an article in "The Conversation"
Nominating students' comments about Laura's teaching include:
"Laura is an absolutely wonderful creative writing instructor.”
"She has the ability to simultaneously make a student feel comfortable in expressing very personal stories while also evaluating them and delivering constructive criticism that builds their work. She's very communicative in her notes. There's nothing left unsaid or unclear in her direct, elaborate suggestions for edits.”
"In the seminar class, she creates an environment where quotes and music that connects to the texts are shared and the workshop sessions have a thoroughly thought-out structure so that students receive massive amounts of useful feedback from their peers: criticism, praise, hopes for future drafts, possible pitfalls to avoid. Nothing is left out of the picture because Laura shows us how a professional workshop operates."