- Service Learning Opportunities
- Career Exploration
- Registration and Grades
- Major in Psychology or BCN
- Subject Pool
- Honors Program
- Student Organizations
- Psychology SAA Newsletter Archive
- Student Resources
- Psychology TShirt Photos
- Psychology Event Photos
Whether you want to begin your career search by applicable major, a growing field, or personal interest, there are a number of resources available to help you get started.
New and Emerging Careers
This section of the site is currently under maintenance. Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve the site.
Networking with Recruiters
One of the standard first steps toward getting an interview or job on campus is to participate in a career fair. The Career Center and the Psychology Department offer yearly career and research connection fairs where you will meet representatives from companies and research labs looking to hire students.
Job Search Materials
- Psychology Career Fair, Monday 10/10/16 from 1-3:30 in East Hall Psychology Atrium. Want to explore what you can do with a Psych degree? Meet alumni, graduate programs, and employers.
- Psychology Research Connections Fair, late March 2017 in East Hall Psychology Atrium - date/time TBD
Learn more about current research done in the Psych Department, inquire about research opportunities and connect with faculty. This open house event will allow students to personally interact with faculty and grad students to learn more about the Psychology Department.
Here, you will speak with recruiters and representatives about the programs, internships, and jobs they are offering.
- How to talk with recruiters (UM Career Center)
- Tips for Talking with an On Campus Recruiter (Central Piedmont Community College)
Following up after career fair/interview:
Networking Using Social Media and UM Communities
How to Network on LinkedIn:
- Tip Sheet on Networking with LinkedIn
- Dos and Don'ts of LinkedIn
- How-To Videos and Tip Sheets for LinkedIn
- How to use the LinkedIn Alumni Tool
- LinkedIn Jobs
Here are some examples of possible groups on LinkedIn to join and network within for Michigan Psychology students: