- Funding Opportunities & Financial Matters
- Embedded Masters
- Dissertation Forms and Requirements
- Professional Development
- Student Organizations
- Accelerated Master's Degree Program
This award was established to honor three women scholars for their remarkable contributions to the University community: Susan Lipschutz, Margaret Ayers Host and Anna Olcott Smith. At least six $6,000 awards will be made across the University for Spring/Summer support.
Women graduate students actively pursuing a doctoral degree in any Rackham program, and who have achieved candidacy by the application deadline are eligible to be nominated.
The award recipients will have demonstrated exceptional scholarly achievement, a sense of social responsibility and an interest in the success of women in the academic community.
Each Area may submit one nomination to the Student Academic Affairs Office. Please submit materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each component of the nomination should be a separate document. Students may want to check with the Area Chair to see if the Area has an earlier deadline date.The following materials are required:
- A personal statement (not to exceed 1,500 words) from the applicant describing her research, future goals and contributions to the success of women in the academic community.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s faculty advisor noting her achievement and promise.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
The Student Academic Affairs (SAA) Committee will review the nominations submitted and select one to forward to Rackham. For more information about this award, see the Rackham website.
Application Deadline: 11/30/2016