Physics Professor Christine Aidala featured in "Blazing the Trail: Essays by Leading Women in Science"
- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- Physicist Steven Cundiff Elected as Fellow of AAAS
- Observing the Dance of Ten Million Quantum Dots
- Physics Professor Tim McKay Explains ECoach Tool Now Used for All First-Year U-M Students
- Physicist Mark Newman's Scientific Cartogram Maps Featured in Washington Post
- U-M Physics Professor Tim McKay Developed Coaching Software to Help Students
- 11 Surprising Predictions for 2017 From Some of The Biggest Names In Science
- All Events
- Special Lectures
- K-12 Programs
- Saturday Morning Physics
- Seminars & Colloquia
U-M Physics Professor Christine Aidala was recently featured in the book, Blazing the Trail: Essays by Leading Women in Science. In this series of autobiographical essays, Aidala, along with 34 other successful women in the sciences share their personal stories on the steps they took to get to where they are and what they learned along the way.
Similar to the other contributing essayists, Professor Aidala sends out a positive message to all aspiring, young female scientists saying, “I feel that true success is achieving happiness, which I know I won’t fulfill unless I’m actively making both the personal and professional aspects of my life work” (Ideal & Meharchand, 2013). For more information about this book, please click here.
Find out more about Professor Aidala by reading her Physics Department faculty biography.