- Application and Database Services
- Consulting Services
- Desktop and Server Services
- Field IT Equipment Evaluation and Demonstration Program
- Password Reset
- Research Support
- Web Hosting
In the Education, User Awareness, & Consulting service, the LSA IT Infrastructure group provides documentation, face-to-face consultation, and training regarding safe computing and data protection. We also address concerns brought forward by departments or individuals and encourage discussion around information security related issues. Ultimately, the goal of these efforts is to provide sound information security training to empower faculty and staff with the knowledge to appropriately protect information assets, safeguard the integrity of institutional processes, and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
LSA Additional Restrictions for Using University Data on Personal Devices
A new university policy permits U-M staff to use their properly managed and secured personally owned devices to access sensitive university data when necessary in the course of their work. The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts will follow the policy and its supporting guidance with additional restrictions.
Follow the links below to review what is expected of you, and to learn how to help minimize the risk to university data as well as your own personal information.
- VIDEO: Secure Your Devices: For You and the U
- Security of Personally Owned Devices That Access or Maintain Sensitive Institutional Data (SPG 601.33)
- LSA Additional Restrictions for Using University Data on Personal Devices
- University Data and Personally Owned Devices
- Instructions for Securing Your Devices and Data
- Sensitive University Data
- Safe Computing website