Monday, September 14, 2015
ISS Media Center PC Classroom, 2001-A Modern Language Building (MLB)
812 East Washington, Central Campus
This workshop is a hands-on demonstration of the Echo360 Active Learning Platform Activity Slides feature, and part of the LSA ISS Learning Technologies & Consulting 5 Things You Should Know Workshop Series.
Add some change up pitches to your presentation line-up with the
Echo360 Active Learning Platform Activity Slides.
How much of your classroom presentation are your students processing? Not Sure? Various studies agree that, even with the best of students, attention lapses occurs 10-18 minutes into the lecture and become shorter as the class proceeds. Diminishing attention span is the #1 cause for clarity of concepts to become muddied. Now you can be sure of student comprehension by implementing Echo 360’s Interactive Activity Slides into your lecture line-up to activate student learning. Use them as change up pitches to reinforce the understanding and applied learning of specific topics and concepts in your classroom presentations. Ignite deep learning moments between you and your students to increase overall class participation and retention. You’re able to track and score responses, questions, and comments over time to map learning outcomes and competencies. This workshop is a hands-on demonstration of the Echo360 Active Learning Platform Activity Slides feature, and part of the LSA ISS Learning Technologies & Consulting 5 Things You Should Know Workshop Series.
At the end of this workshop you will know how to
- create learning exercises using ALP Activity Slides that keep students focused and engaged;
- devise a game plan for reviving your class during diminished attention slumps using the ALP PowerPoint Add-On Ribbon;
- design activities to ignite deep learning moments and interactions between you and your students;
- map paths to success for your students using the ALP Activity Slides, PowerPoint Ribbon Add-On, and the Q&A features; and
- chart learning development and growth in comprehension and competencies over time.