A panel of University of Michigan scholars will discuss the recently released film Dear White People, written and directed by Justin Simien. Come join the conversation, as we use the occasion this film provides to consider how race functions on college and university campuses.
The State Theater will show the film at 2pm (in addition to other regularly scheduled screenings; see michtheater.org for showtimes). Matinee ticket prices will apply. The discussion will take place at the Institute for the Humanities following the screening.
- Stephen Berrey, Assistant Professor of American Culture
- Robin Means Coleman, Associate Professor of Communications & of Afroamerican and African Studies
- Frieda Ekotto, Professor of Comparative Literature & of Afroamerican and African Studies
- David Green, James Winn Graduate Student Fellow at the Institute for the Humanities, PhD Candidate in American Culture
- Martha S. Jones, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor; Associate Professor of History & of Afroamerican and African Studies