- German Studies
- Scandinavian Studies
- Dutch & Flemish Studies
- Yiddish Studies
- Awards, Scholarships, Prizes
- German Advising
- Internships & Study Abroad
- Max Kade German Residence
- Placement Exams
- Waitlist Policy
- Independent Study Policy
- Careers in Germanic Studies
- Germanic Faculty to Lunch Program
Applications for the 2017-18 academic year were due on Friday, January 6, 2017, and admitted students were notified. Please email Annie Varner, email@example.com, for information on how to place yourself on the waitlist.
You will receive instructions on how to acces your online Housing application when the enrollment deposit has been paid or has been officially waived by the Admissions Office. If you are interested in being a Max Kade resident, please contact Vicki Dischler, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Annie Varner, email@example.com, for more information.
Requirements of Max Kade Residents
- Sophomore, junior, or senior academic standing by the beginning of the term for year for which you are applying
- Complete the equivalent of German 102/103 upon entry into the Max Kade House
- Enrollment in one-credit mini courses offered in the Fall and Winter terms (German 310 and German 312)
- Active participation in at least three Max Kade House activities each month (Kaffeestunde, Deutschtisch, Filmabend, etc.)
Students interested in the Max Kade House are welcome to come to a Kaffeestunde or Deutschtisch:
Kaffeestunde is weekly on Sunday from 9-10pm in the East Loft on the 3rd floor of North Quad. This is located in the residential portion of North Quad, which is only open to residents. You can knock on the door of the residential area and tell a residence staff member that you are there for the Max Kade House event, and they will direct you.
Deutschtisch is weekly on Wednesday from 6:30-7:30pm in the North Quad dining hall. You will need a meal plan or Entrée Plus to enter, or you can purchase a meal at the door. The group has yellow signs with "Max Kade Deutschtisch" to identify where they are sitting.