- Academic Affairs
- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Development, Marketing, and Communications (DMC)
- Facilities and Operations
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Services Performed by LSA Human Resources
- HR Contacts by Department
- HR Contacts by Topic (including University HR Contacts)
- LSA HR Transaction Team
- Policies and Guidelines
- Professional Development for LSA Staff
- Staff Achievement
- Staff List
- For Employees & Applicants
- Information Technology (LSA IT)
- Security and Safety
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- LSA Administrative Forum
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- Undergraduate Education
- Unit Administrators
All staff in the career family classification system and AFSCME staff employed by LSA with at least a 50% regular appointment at the times of nomination and spotlighting, and service of at least six months when nominated are eligible. Members of the current LSA Staff Spotlight Committee are not eligible. Staff may be nominated multiple times, however, in the interest of showcasing the diversity of staff within LSA, staff will not be spotlighted more than once per year. If the number of quality nominations exceeds the amount that is put up on the web, they will be held until the next term. If a nomination is held, the Committee will check with the nominator to see if the nominee is still eligible. Questions concerning eligibility should be emailed to email@example.com
Please note: Faculty, postdocs and lecturers are not eligible for this award.
- Any University of Michigan faculty, staff, or student is eligible to nominate any eligible LS&A staff member.
- Online nominations
- Nominators complete an online form which requests the following:
- Pertinent information on nominee
- Short essay giving examples of one-time or overall excellent performance and service to the College. Please note that good performance within a unit is mandatory in order to be spotlighted. Suggested areas of excellence are: special achievement or contribution to unit; cost-consciousness; empathy, interpersonal skills, role model or mentor; motivation, initiative; exemplary cooperation, excellent service, customer service; quality of work; team player, strong support of co-workers; overcoming adverse situations; marked personal and professional growth; broad involvement with University activities or groups.]
- Length of service with U-M (if known)
- Length of service in current department/program (if known)
- Suggested word limit for nominations: minimum 250 words - maximum 750 words
- Suggested minimum number of nominations: 2, maximum 5
The LSA Staff Spotlight Committee will review nominations and make decisions. Staff spotlighting occurs fall and winter term and is posted on the LSA website.
The Dean of LSA will send a letter to the awardee(s), which is copied to their supervisor(s), nominator(s), and chairs/directors of awardees’ units. A spotlight article will be written about the staff member and posted on the LSA website for a 3-month period. Archived spotlights will be maintained on the website as well.
The department is encouraged to find ways within their unit to recognize the staff member’s achievement. Some suggestions include announcing it at a staff meeting, taking the staff member out to lunch or posting the spotlight article in a prominent place in the unit.