- Academic Affairs
- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Development, Marketing, and Communications (DMC)
- Facilities and Operations
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (LSA IT)
- Security and Safety
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- LSA Administrative Forum
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- Undergraduate Education
- Unit Administrators
The College of LSA adheres to the University policies & procedures for visiting instructional faculty. The excerpt below provides an overview from SPG201-34-1.
Visiting instructional faculty
To supplement the instructional program at the University, individuals whose ongoing employment responsibilities lie outside the University at another institution of higher education may be appointed as visiting professors, visiting associate professors, visiting assistant professors, visiting instructors, visiting lecturers… Appointments as visiting instructional faculty are for one year or less, may be extended only under unusual circumstances, and are without tenure. Visiting instructional appointments may be made at any rank but must be consistent with the individual's professional stature. The school, college, or division will establish appointment criteria for this set of titles.
They will be appointed by … the president on recommendation of the dean and executive committee of the appropriate school, college, or division.
To complete the appointment process the following forms must be completed and submitted to Deb Erskine, Divisional Affairs, College of LSA. The forms can be downloaded from the HRRIS forms website.
- Appointment Request Form (36400)
- Supplemental Appointment Information (36100)
- Faculty Personnel Record (30002)
- I-9, Employment Verification Form, the International Center can provide assistance with any relevant visas for international faculty.(Only needed if there will be any additional pay or salary)
- Tax forms (Not needed for ‘dry’ appointments)
- Offer Letter with college template language (See: Template Offer Letter for a Visiting Appointment)
- Copy of background check clearance e-mail from HR EPC
- All visiting appointments can only be for a one year period. If there is reason to renew the appointment, it is necessary to obtain prior approval from your divisional Associate Dean.
- In order to receive benefits at UM, the visiting faculty member must have an appointment of 4 months at a minimum AND at least 50% or greater effort.