- Academic Affairs
- Contact List
- Calendars, Meetings, and Events
- Dual Career Program
- Policies and Procedures
- Appointment Shifts for Tenure Track Faculty
- Associate Professor Support Fund
- Career Advising (Mentoring)
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Courtesy (aka Dry) Appointments & Renewals for Tenure Track Faculty
- Establish or Discontinue Joint Tenure Track Appointments for Existing Faculty
- Evaluations and Renewals
- Faculty Awards
- Faculty Retirement Information
- Faculty Search Candidate Campus Visit Funding
- Family Friendly Policies and Procedures
- Guidelines for Faculty Position Request
- Interim EC Approval Guidelines
- Leaves and Sabbaticals
- New Faculty Startup Package Cost Sharing
- Nomination Guidelines LSA Professorships
- Work Connections Protocol For LSA Faculty
- Visiting Instructional Faculty
- Research Faculty
- Prospective Faculty
- Staff List
- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Development, Marketing, and Communications (DMC)
- Facilities and Operations
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (LSA IT)
- Security and Safety
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- LSA Administrative Forum
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- Undergraduate Education
- Unit Administrators
When are you eligible to retire?
The Benefits office has a tool called a Retirement Health Benefits Estimator that calculates the earliest month and year during which you’ll be eligible to retire from the university with health benefits.
If your earliest eligibility date is sooner than 2021, you’ll see several years listed and what the university contribution will be for you and your dependents depending on when you retire.
The UM Benefits web site is an excellent resource to learn more about retirement and provides a comprehensive collection of retirement related information and materials.
- SPG 201.83 – Retirement
- SPG 201.80 – Emeritus/Emerita Titles
- SPG 201.91 – Distinguished University Professorships
- Provost’s Office/Faculty Handbook
Investment planning for retirement
To schedule a one-on-one meeting with an investment counselor for retirement planning, contact:
TIAA-CREF tel: 800-732-8353
Fidelity Investments tel: 800-642-7131
Moving from career success to retirement success
Check out CEW’s popular workshop series entitled “Moving from Career Success to Retirement Success”.
Ready to explore the next step?
If you are ready to meet with your LSA divisional associate dean to discuss retirement plans, please contact Michele Bearinger, (mabearin or 647-2115) executive secretary for an appointment.