- All News
- All Events
- Video: John Swales on Genre & English for Academic Purposes
- Video: John Levis on The Importance of Social Factors in L2 Pronunciation Learning
- Third-Annual Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- NEW! Online Pre-Arrival Course for International Graduate Students
- ELI Summer Programs Off and Running!
- Sign Up Now! "Power Up Your English with Great Self-Study Apps + Sites" Workshop
- ELI 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Registration Now Open! Winter Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
Preparing for Graduate Success: Language, Culture, and Community at the University of Michigan
This highly-interactive four-week online course prepares you to hit
the ground running in your academic program. You will learn about the
academic language of graduate study and research in the U.S., as well as
campus culture both in and outside the classroom.
Each unit covers specific language skills you need to achieve your
academic, scholarly, and professional goals. You will read articles,
watch short video lectures and complete assignments. You will hone and
refine your language skills through online discussions. You will receive
extensive individualized feedback from the instructior.
VIEW COURSE SYLLABUS
Join other new Michigan graduate students in this interactive and
engaging online course. You will build friendships and learn about
resources to support you from the day you arrive to start your graduate
student journey. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Dates: July 18-August 14
Time committment: 2-4 hours per week
Instructor: Pamela Bogart email@example.com
Course fee: $200
Registration/Payment Deadline: July 14, 2016
For more information, email: ELI.Online@umich.edu