- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- In Memoriam: Elizabeth M. Soden
- Third Annual U-M 3MT® Competition
- Graduate Writing Clinic Open in Spring + Summer
- Spring 2016 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- Registration Now Open! Fall Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- Winter 2017 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- All Events
- Video: John Swales on Genre & English for Academic Purposes
- Video: John Levis on The Importance of Social Factors in L2 Pronunciation Learning
- Third-Annual Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- NEW! Online Pre-Arrival Course for International Graduate Students
- ELI Summer Programs Off and Running!
- Sign Up Now! "Power Up Your English with Great Self-Study Apps + Sites" Workshop
- ELI 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Registration Now Open! Winter Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
If you are interested in practicing informal English conversation with native speakers of English, catching up on current English idioms and slang, making new friends and having fun, then ELI's Conversation Circles program is for you!
Conversation Circles are weekly, one-hour meetings. Each Circle is led by a volunteer facilitator who is a native or near-native speaker of English and is affiliated with the University of Michigan. You can choose from many Conversation Circles that meet at all times throughout the week, including weekends. Each Circle is limited to a maximum of six members, so you will have lots of opportunities to practice English.
Spring 2016 Conversation Circles run May 16 – June 26
Participant registration is open May 6 — 20
To see a list of all Conversation Circles offered this term and sign up, visit the Conversation Circles Website.
Sign up early to get your preferred time and day!
For more information, email us at CircleUp-Questions@umich.edu