- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- In Memoriam: Elizabeth M. Soden
- Third Annual U-M 3MT® Competition
- Graduate Writing Clinic Open in Spring + Summer
- Spring 2016 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- Registration Now Open! Fall Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- Winter 2017 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- The Genre Archive
- Community-Engaged Learning at the ELI
- New ELI Faculty Member
- ELI Celebrates International Education Week
- ELI Launches New Online Pre-Arrival Course
- Summer Student Employment Opportunity at ELI
- All Events
- Video: John Swales on Genre & English for Academic Purposes
- Video: John Levis on The Importance of Social Factors in L2 Pronunciation Learning
- Third-Annual Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- NEW! Online Pre-Arrival Course for International Graduate Students
- ELI Summer Programs Off and Running!
- Sign Up Now! "Power Up Your English with Great Self-Study Apps + Sites" Workshop
- ELI 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Registration Now Open! Winter Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
The ELI Fall Workshop Series on English for Academic Purposes concludes this Friday, November 20, 3-5 pm, with a two-hour session led by ELI Lecturer Pamela Bogart designed to help international graduate students talk about their scholarship clearly and concisely:
CREATING YOUR ELEVATOR PITCH
Everyone needs an "elevator pitch" – that brief introduction in which you tell others who you are and what you do. When asked what you do, you need to be able tell both experts and non-experts about your training, your research and scholarship, and why this should matter to them. Come to this workshop to learn how to effectively communicate your work and present
yourself in a clear, concise, and effective way.
This workshop is free to all currently enrolled U-M graduate students, but space is limited, so registration is required. Click HERE to sign up. And click HERE for more information about the entire fall workshop series.