- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- In Memoriam: Elizabeth M. Soden
- Third Annual U-M 3MT® Competition
- Graduate Writing Clinic Open in Spring + Summer
- Spring 2016 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- Registration Now Open! Fall Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- Winter 2017 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- The Genre Archive
- Community-Engaged Learning at the ELI
- New ELI Faculty Member
- ELI Celebrates International Education Week
- ELI Launches New Online Pre-Arrival Course
- All Events
- Video: John Swales on Genre & English for Academic Purposes
- Video: John Levis on The Importance of Social Factors in L2 Pronunciation Learning
- Third-Annual Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- NEW! Online Pre-Arrival Course for International Graduate Students
- ELI Summer Programs Off and Running!
- Sign Up Now! "Power Up Your English with Great Self-Study Apps + Sites" Workshop
- ELI 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Registration Now Open! Winter Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
The ELI Fall Workshop Series on English for Academic Purposes kicks off this Friday, October 23, 3-5 pm, with a two-hour session designed to help international graduate students write more effective emails messages:
WRITING ACADEMIC EMAIL
Have you ever struggled to write important email messages? Have you ever wondered whether your email messages are a good reflection of your professional persona? Given the importance of email in academic and professional settings, the ability to write effective e-mail messages is an essential skill. In this workshop we will focus on strategies for writing clear, effective and professional email. We will discuss the aspects of email that make it likely to be read, to be easily understood and to create a good impression. Bring a few samples of your important email messages to analyze.