ELI ACADEMIC ENGLISH COURSE For Visiting Scholars, Visiting Researchers, Visiting Staff, and Post-Docs
- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- In Memoriam: Elizabeth M. Soden
- Third Annual U-M 3MT® Competition
- Graduate Writing Clinic Open in Spring + Summer
- Spring 2016 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- Registration Now Open! Fall Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- Winter 2017 ELI Conversation Circles Registration Now Open!
- All Events
- Video: John Swales on Genre & English for Academic Purposes
- Video: John Levis on The Importance of Social Factors in L2 Pronunciation Learning
- Third-Annual Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- NEW! Online Pre-Arrival Course for International Graduate Students
- ELI Summer Programs Off and Running!
- Sign Up Now! "Power Up Your English with Great Self-Study Apps + Sites" Workshop
- ELI 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Registration Now Open! Winter Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
VS 501: Introduction to Communications in Academia
MEETS: WEDNESDAYS, 4-6 PM - ELI CONFERENCE ROOM
555 S. FOREST AVE, 3RD FLOOR
10-WEEK COURSE: SEPTEMBER 17-NOVEMBER 19, 2014
ORIENTATION/INTRODUCTORY MEETING: WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 17
COURSE FEE: $900
This course focuses on the academic skills that scholars, researchers, and other academic professionals in all disciplines need to succeed in the academic community. Key course components include: 1. Specific genres in research writing; 2. Poster and conference presentations; and 3. Leading and participating in formal discussions and informal interactions in the extended academic community. Extensive individualized instructor feedback will help participants at all levels of English proficiency improve their accuracy, fluency, and delivery style in both professional and social settings.
All interested Visiting Scholars, Visiting Researchers, Visiting Staff, and Post-Docs are invited to come to the first session on September 17 for an overview of the course, a language and needs assessment, and advising. Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, please contact ELIemail@example.com