- Academic Writing Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Courses for Graduate Students
- Community-Engaged English Language + Culture Program
- Academic Speaking Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic English Courses for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- VS 501: Introduction to Communications in Academia (Fall term)
- VS 502: Academic Communications Seminar (Winter term)
- Discipline-Specific Courses for Graduate Students
- Pronunciation Courses for Graduate Students
- Counseling and Advising
A 10-week course for international scholars, researchers, faculty, staff, and post-docs. Offered in the Winter term
This course provides scholars, researchers, faculty and other academic professionals with communication strategies for effective academic speaking and writing. Participants learn the basics of academic presentation and develop techniques for effectively participating in academic discussions. Other course topics include the style and organization of research writing, vocabulary development, and pronunciation. Extensive individualized instructor feedback helps participants at all levels of English proficiency improve their spoken accuracy, fluency, and delivery style in both professional and social settings.
There is a course fee for participation. Some departments/sponsors cover all or part of this fee.
For more information, email: ELIScholarResources@umich.edu