- Academic Writing Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Courses for Graduate Students
- Community-Engaged English Language + Culture Program
- Academic Speaking Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic English Courses for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- VS 501: Introduction to Communications in Academia (Fall term)
- VS 502: Academic Communications Seminar (Winter term)
- Discipline-Specific Courses for Graduate Students
- Pronunciation Courses for Graduate Students
- Counseling and Advising
A 10-week course for international scholars, researchers, faculty, staff, and post-docs. Offered in the Fall term
This course focuses on the academic skills that scholars, researchers, faculty, and other academic professionals in all disciplines need to succeed in the academic community. Key course components include: 1. Specific genres in research writing; 2. Poster and conference presentations; and 3. Leading and participating in formal discussions and informal interactions in the extended academic community. Extensive individualized instructor feedback will help participants at all levels of English proficiency improve their accuracy, fluency, and delivery style in both professional and social settings.
There is a course fee for participation. Participants are encouraged to seek partial or full funding for the course fee from their respective department or sponsor.
For more information, email: ELIScholarResources@umich.edu