- Academic Writing Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Courses for Graduate Students
- Community-Engaged English Language + Culture Program
- Academic Speaking Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic English Courses for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- Discipline-Specific Courses for Graduate Students
- Pronunciation Courses for Graduate Students
Improve your language skills and gain greater understanding of US society and culture. Learn about the local community and practice communicating with Americans from diverse backgrounds.
ELI’s Community-Engaged Language and Culture Program includes 2 components: an on-campus course and an off-campus field experience. (To participate in the field experience, you must enroll in and complete the on-campus course.)
The field experience is a short extension of the on-campus course during which students interact with Americans from diverse backgrounds through a placement with a local organization, practice language skills, and reflect on their experiences.
Earn up to 4 total credits during winter term—2 for ELI 560 and 2 for the off-campus component, ELI 561.