- Help for Students
- Travel and Expense Reimbursement
- International Travel
- Drivers License Approval Instructions
- C.C. Little Room Scheduling
- MichiganEarth Calendar
- Shipping Form - UPS Domestic and International Shipping Request
- Student Hiring Form - Temp Hiring Request
- Postdoc and Visitor Request Forms
- Department Letterhead and Logos
- EARTH Department Van Policy
- Time Entry and Approval
- Printable Department Directories
- Graduate Student Tuition Support Policy
- Laboratory Safety Resources
Use Shared Services Center to Prepare Your Expense Report
(For Employees and Graduate Students with Appointments)
Unless you are an experienced user of the CONCUR system, having the Shared Services Center prepare your report is the easiest and fastest way to go! You must have an active employee appointment (temp or regular) to be reimbursed through CONCUR.
To initiate a CONCUR expense report, send an email message to ExpenseReports@umich.edu containing the following information:
How to Format Your Expense Report Email
Your email should contain the following:
Subject-line: Report Type, Uniqname, Trip Name or Other Description, Date
Report Types: TVL = Travel HST = Hosting REI = Reimbursement PC = PCard
(Ex: HST, jhaggert, July Staff Meeting, 07.16.16)
Body text: Include the following:
- Business Purpose (answers the 5 "Ws":)
- Why: why this is a university business expense
- Where: City, State, Country
- Who: last name
- When: last date of travel/hosting date
- What: what was purchased
- ShortCode(s): 6-digit code to be charged, usually provided by your supervisor. If using more than one ShortCode, specify allocations.
- Travel-related meals: List dates and/or meals for which you wish to claim per-diem reimbursement.
- Items with no receipt: List any items, other than travel meals, for which you do not have a receipt (e.g. bus rides, taxis, tolls etc.).
- Approver's name or uniqname if different than the default approver in your Concur profile -- typically the finance support person in the Randall Business Office assigned to you or your supervisor
- Attendees for hosted meals/events: List name, title and affiliation for all attendees at a business meal or other hosted event (if more than 10 attendees, attach list)
- Attachments (Required for all reimbursements)
- Receipt Images : Only documents that show proof of payment will suffice as receipts. Receipt dates, amounts, names and locations must be visible and legible. If non-English or US$, include descriptive note and currency paid on receipt.
- Attendee lists for hosted meals and events (if more than 10 attendees)
- Unless you own the ShortCode, attach evidence of owner's approval of charges (e.g. email from ShortCode owner)
After you send the email and attachments to ExpenseReports@umich.edu, a member of the Shared Services Center team will prepare the report for your review and submission. If the report is sent back to you and you want SSC to correct the report, forward the rejection email to ExpenseReports@umich.edu and request their assistance.
For Additional Information About Travel and Expense Reports
Reimbursement for Non-Employees
U-M guests, visiting scholars, and graduate students on fellowship should:
Print the form, attach receipts and bring to the department office, or email the form and receipts to Randall.email@example.com.
Reimbursement for Experienced CONCUR Users:
Log in to Wolverine Access, select the tab for "Faculty and Staff". Under the category University Business, select the link for "Travel & Expense (Concur)".