CSP offers first-year seminars and Gateway courses in Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Physics, and Spanish. You can support these curricular opportunities. CSP instructors:
- Work directly with your student in a small classroom settings and have direct contact with CSP Academic Advisors regarding academic progress.
- Educate your student on Academic Integrity Policies.
- Encourage your student to use extended office hours and set up individual meetings.
- Require additional one-on-one meetings outside the classroom with your student to improve their writing skills for English 125 and 225.
- Expect your student to visit Math lab to assist them on homework and exam prep for Math 105, 115, and 116.
- Assist your student in making the transition to college and introduce them to critical thinking skills and college resources in a First-Year Seminar format in CSP 100 (3) and CSP 101 (1) membership course.