- Why CGIS?
- Getting Started
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Health and Safety
- HTH-GeoBlue Health Insurance
- Self-Disclosure of Health Information
- Confidentiality of Health Information
- Pre-Departure Health Requirements
- Mental Health
- Travel Warning and Restriction Destinations
- Independent Travel
- Social Identities
- Driving Abroad
- Food Safety and Allergies
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Dating, Sex, and Sexual Misconduct
- Avoiding Crime
- Emergencies Abroad
- Other Health, Safety and Well-Being Resources
- Diversity and Access Abroad
- Preparing to Travel
- For Your Parents
- Incoming Exchange Students
- Bonderman Fellowship
- Intercultural Learning
CGIS students are not permitted to travel to Travel Restriction destinations. There are no exceptions to this rule.
UM Travel Restriction Destinations
A Travel Restriction Destination is a location for which travel for University-related purposes is prohibited to undergraduate students due to extreme health, safety, or security risks. The current list of University of Michigan Travel Warning and Travel Restriction Destinations is located on the University of Michigan Global Michigan website.
UM graduate students may travel to locations with Travel Restrictions for University-related purposes if they complete the requirements outlined on the Michigan Global Michigan website.
UM Travel Warning Destinations
A Travel Warning Destination is a location for which University-related travel must be preapproved by UM's International Travel Oversight Committee due to health, safety, or security concerns. The current list of University of Michigan Travel Warning and Travel Restriction Destinations is located on the University of Michigan Global Michigan website.
The University of Michigan may decide to cancel or suspend programs in Travel Warning Destinations should conditions develop that warrant such action. The University of Michican can evacuate students within a Travel Warning Destination if the need arises.