"I’m an LSA Student traveling on UMRT, what do I need to do?”
1. Inform your unit’s Chief Admin about your travel abroad.
2. Watch your email. A member of the LSA H&S team will be contacting you with a personalized link to M-Compass (the University’s Travel Registry).
3. Once you receive this email, you will need to log-in to M-Compass and:
- Enter the dates/location of your travel
- Purchase GeoBlue Health Insurance
- Enter on-site contact information
- Upload a copy of your passport (optional, but highly recommended)
- Complete a safety plan (if applicable)
4. The LSA H&S team will notify your unit once all items have been completed so that funding can be released and/or travel can be finalized.“
My travel is not UMRT, what do I do?”
- It is not required, but we strongly recommend registering your travel in M-Compass, purchasing GeoBlue Health Insurance and uploading your on-site contact information into the travel registry.
- If an LSA traveler experiences an emergency abroad, they should call the University of Michigan Police Department at 734.763.1131. Identify themselves as an LSA student or faculty member.
- The call will be routed to the LSA Emergency Phone and an LSA Emergency Responder will provide the traveler with assistance, resources, and information as needed.
- If the situation is non-urgent, LSA travelers can complete the online Incident Report. An LSA health and safety team member will be in touch within 1 business day. This ensures proper tracking of events abroad and our continued ability to keep our travelers safe while traveling internationally.