EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The City of Ann Arbor, Natural Area Preservation is hiring for an Outreach Assistant (Deadline: January 15, 2017)
The City of Ann Arbor, Natural Area Preservation (NAP) is currently hiring for an Outreach Assistant to coordinate our volunteer workdays.
Outreach Assistant needed for employment with the City of Ann Arbor, MI.,Natural Area Preservation (NAP).
Assist Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator with aspects of promoting NAP, such as:
- Coordinate and conduct volunteer stewardship workdays
- Actively recruit, train, and direct volunteers
- Promote healthy natural areas through work with neighborhood groups
- Write newsletter articles and other informational, promotional, and recruitment materialsAttend various fairs and exhibits for recruiting and educational purposes and maintain exhibits
- Keep detailed, accurate records of all work performed
- May coordinate, compile and edit quarterly newsletter
- Assist with controlled burns and other field work
- Perform various other duties necessary for the functioning of NAP
*A notable portion of this work will be office-task oriented.
- Friendly, outgoing personality, suitable for working with the public and answering the phone
- Experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers
- Proficiency with PC software, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; social media and databases; and an ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Understanding of ecological issues related to urban natural area managementUnderstanding of gardening and tree planting
- Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy items as well as sit and stand for long periods of time
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certification
- All employees are required to receive payment by direct deposit
- The City of Ann Arbor is a drug-free workplace. You may be required to submit to a drug screen during the hiring process.
SALARY: $11.72/hour; approximately 40 hours/week; including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a seasonal/temporary position not to exceed 10 consecutive months. Successful candidates will be considered for rehire after a minimum 2 months break in employment.
TO APPLY: Apply at: https://a2gov.applicantpro.com/jobs/500924-72068.html with resume, cover letter, and references by Sunday, January 15, 2017. Contact Tina Stephens at email@example.com or 734.794.6627 with questions.
EOE: We are proud of our diverse workforce and our commitment to equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of a person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, condition of pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental limitation, height, weight, source of income, family responsibility, educational association, sexual orientation, gender identity or HIV status in any aspect of our hiring or employment process.