JOB OPPORTUNITY: City of Ann Arbor is seeking an outreach assistant for Natural Area Preservation... Apply by:
TO ASSIST WITH COMMUNICATIONS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
Outreach Assistant needed for employment with the City of Ann Arbor, MI.,
Natural Area Preservation (NAP).
* Assist Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator with all aspects of promoting NAP, such as:
* Coordinate special events with attention to logistics, supplies, atmosphere, and staffing
* Coordinate trainings for NAP programs including logistics, supplies, teaching materials, and staffing
* Manage PR and other printed/virtual communications for all workdays and special events: mailings, signage, social media, neighborhood outreach, and press contact
* Edit and manage layout, printing, and distribution of quarterly newsletter
* Maintain website and perform audits as necessary
* Maintain publications and printed materials such as Fact Sheets, brochures, and business cards
* Maintain inventory of NAP promotional materials
* Coordinate regular updates of staff contacts; printed lists, staff photos, phone extensions, voicemail
* Actively recruit, train, and direct volunteers to help with Communications and Special Events
* Respond to emails in a timely and professional manner
* Conduct volunteer stewardship workdays and assist with controlled burns and other field work
* Write newsletter articles and other informational, promotional, and recruitment materials
* Attend various fairs and exhibits for recruiting and educational purposes and maintain exhibits
* Keep detailed, accurate records of all work performed
* Perform various other duties necessary for the functioning of NAP
*A notable portion of this work will be office-task oriented.
* Friendly, outgoing personality, suitable for working with the public and answering the phone
* Experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers desired
* Proficiency with PC software, particularly Microsoft Publisher, Outlook, Word, and Excel; social media and databases; and an ability to learn new software quickly
* Excellent technical writing and editing skills
* Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Understanding of ecological issues related to urban natural area management
* Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy items as well as sit and stand for long periods of time
* CPR certification and First Aid certification
* All employees are required to receive payment by direct deposit
* The City of Ann Arbor is a drug-free workplace. You may be required to submit to a drug screen during the hiring process.
SALARY: $11.72/hour; approximately 25 hours/week; including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a seasonal/temporary position not to exceed 10 consecutive months or 1560 hours per calendar year. Successful candidates will be considered for rehire after 2 months break in employment.
TO APPLY: Apply at: http://tinyurl.com/mn4esvw and send resume, cover letter, and three references to Tina Stephens, Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator, Natural Area Preservation, 3875 E. Huron River Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48104 or to email@example.com, 734.794.6627 by Thursday, October 16, 2014.